July 16, 2010 at 2:34 pm 3 comments

I was excited about last night’s evening plans all week.  Yet another Charlotte blogger meet-up!  This is becoming quite the regular thing, and I like it!  A bunch of us planned another run/walk.  In attendance were: Jen, Kelly, Jessie, Tiffany, Jen, Michelle (first time meeting Michelle!), and I.  I was among the walkers- Jessie, Tiffany, and I.  Tiffany and I brought the doggies to partake in the fun.  I think Clyde was a little too hyper for Lincoln, which is often the case.  He’s got A LOT of that puppy energy, and kept us all amused with his running, jumping, and crazy antics as he navigated the streets of Charlotte!  Jessie, Tiffany, and I had some good conversations and it was nice to be out enjoying a walk in a beautiful part of Charlotte, right near Queens University.

Upon finishing our walk, Kelly twisted my arm into joining her at an old haunt of ours- The Common Market in Plaza Midwood.  If you’re a long-time reader of mine, you’ll remember that my beloved running group had regular Thursday night runs that met there and were followed by consumption of beer and social time.  I miss this group, but now that I have Clyde, it’s hard for me to justify going all the way in the opposite direction home to take care of the pup and then coming alllllllll the way back (at least a 45 min round-trip) just to run.  Once I met runners that lived in my area, running there just became way more practical. 

Anyway, the runners had finished their run and were in full social mode upon our arrival.  Kelly and I picked out some beer and ordered sandwiches.  Clyde was fawned over by many a Common Market patron.  In the chaos of bringing Clyde, my purse, and necessary puppy supplies for an hour or so at the Market, I through a not-so-secure water bottle in MY PURSE to free up my hands.  A little while later I noticed the bottom of my purse felt wet, and upon opening it, I found A PUDDLE of water in there.  With my camera pretty much floating in it!!  Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  Not good.  Not good at all!  I pulled out my camera and set on the table to start drying.  Kelly captured a picture of my sandwich, beer, and poor wet camera…

This would be a grilled cheese on 9-Grain with Havarti cheese (probably my favorite cheese) and tomato.  Totally hit the spot and Clyde enjoyed a couple bites of it too.
When I got home, I tried to dry out my camera.  I stuck it in a Tupperware container with some rice- which Kelly had suggested.  I tried it this morning and got the gray screen of death, and promptly returned it to the container, so I’m not sure my chances of the camera surviving are.  Boo…
To further complicate matters, I apparently ALSO got my cell phone wet, which I didn’t realize til this morning when I grabbed off the charger and it had the lovely Verizon logo displayed and would do nothing else.  So I might have just killed TWO of my favorite pieces of electronics in one shot.  Might as well throw my IPOD in a pool and go for the trifecta…  Ughhhhhhhh!  The fact that I charged my phone all night and tried to turn it on and off like 20 times this morning does not sound like a good thing for my phone.  I’m about to plug in a hair dryer and see if that helps any.  I welcome suggestions, stories, and solutions to my problem!

It may be a little while til you see any pictures in a post…

Entry filed under: bloggers, food.

My Yoga Story Ode to My Bro

3 Comments Add your own

  • 1. Jen  |  July 16, 2010 at 6:55 pm

    Sounds like you and Clyde had quite a night! 😉 So sorry to hear about your camera and your phone. I have lost many electronics to water damage!

    Fingers crossed they dry out!

  • 2. Kristina  |  July 16, 2010 at 8:03 pm


    the only suggestions I have, it sounds like you have already done? I’ve heard of the rice thing before…

    when I dropped my cell phone in a glass of water, I immediately took it apart – battery off, let it dry overnight (I hadn’t heard of the rice then).

    to make you feel better, I’ll (try to briefly) tell you MY story!!

    I was home alone in our new house, no landline, Jason out of state on a trip. I was SICK – bronchitis bad. I was hobbling to bed, big glass of water and phone in one hand… somehow dropped phone in glass.

    No phone (it was not revived), home alone, next morning MY APPENDIX BURST. I had to drive myself to the hospital. 🙂

    sorry about your electronics… iPod in the pool made me laugh 🙂

    have a great weekend!

  • 3. simplyshaka  |  July 17, 2010 at 1:22 pm

    Wow, that really blows. I’ve heard the rice thing works with phones so you may want to try that. If not, do you know if Verizon will replace the phone if covered by insurance?

    Glad to see the mean man made the sandwich, at least that turned out ok!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


July 2010
« Jun   Aug »

Most Recent Posts

%d bloggers like this: